-by Kelsey Skrinde | 12/06/2017 |
Corpse Pose/ Shavasana
- Helps reduce blood pressure, anxiety, and insomnia.
- Can help with meditation.
- Helps relax body after yoga practice.
Foundation & General Alignment:
- Foundation is entire back of body.
- Feet can be pointing upward or relaxed.
- Backs of legs are pressing into ground.
- Back is not completely flat on ground, there is a natural curve in back.
- Shoulders are back and pressing into ground.
- Chest is not caved inward.
- Neck is in a natural position, head is facing up.
- Shoulders are not back, they are rolled forward causing the chest to cave inward.
- Neck is being pressed flat onto the ground.
- Chin is being pulled towards chest.
- Arms can be close to body or out in a “T” position.
- Knees can be bent upwards.
Articles published by Basmati.com are no substitute for medical advice. Please consult your health care provider before beginning any new regimen. For more information, please visit our disclaimer page here.