Shoulder Pressing Pose/Bhujapidasana
- Strengthens shoulders.
- Improves balance.
- Can also help tone belly.
Foundation & General Alignment:
- Start sitting on butt, bring legs around arms and hook feet together and lift bottom up.
- To strengthen shoulders you must lift with the shoulders, to do this you have to push downward with your shoulders for the extra lift.
- Keep body toned.
- You should be using your core to lift your knees off the ground.
- Keep your shoulders away from your ears.
- Neck is evenly extended, head is looking forward.
- Legs are not completely lifted.
- Shoulders are not being used for extra lift.
- Feet do not have to be hooked together.
- Can also be done on blocks for added height.
Articles published by Basmati.com are no substitute for medical advice. Please consult your health care provider before beginning any new regimen. For more information, please visit our disclaimer page here.