-by Kelsey Skrinde | 08/16/2017 |
Monkey King Pose/ Hanumanasana
- Stretches the legs completely.
- Stimulates the abdominal organs.
Foundation & General Alignment:
- Can start in a wide legged pose and slowly work your way down into the full position.
- Keep whole body engaged.
- Back toes are pointed while front foot is flexed.
- Arms are raised above head to engage the back.
- Flex core to engage the tummy.
- If arms are raised keep shoulders down and raised from ears.
- Hips are not aligned, one is in front of the other.
- Back is not straight, leaning forward.
- Arms can be at sides on the floor for more support.
- Blocks can be used under hips or thighs.
- Can be done while sitting on blanket for comfort.
Articles published by Basmati.com are no substitute for medical advice. Please consult your health care provider before beginning any new regimen. For more information, please visit our disclaimer page here.