-by Kelsey Skrinde | 07/26/2017 |
Half Boat Pose / Ardha Navasana
- Strengthens core.
- Improves posture.
- Can strengthen arms, legs, and back.
Foundation & General Alignment:
- Start sitting up with knees bent and towards chest.
- Lean back and at the same time raise feet up, keep knees bent.
- Balance body solely on butt bones.
- Keep entire body engaged.
- Back is as straight as possible.
- Hands are extended out in front of body or can also be at sides.
- Shoulders are back and away from ears, and neck is evenly extended.
- Back is curved.
- Body is not engaged, its “sagging”.
- Feet are too low.
- Hands can be holding legs up to help achieve pose.
- For a more advanced pose, legs can be straightened.
Articles published by Basmati.com are no substitute for medical advice. Please consult your health care provider before beginning any new regimen. For more information, please visit our disclaimer page here.