-by Kelsey Skrinde | 08/02/2017 |
Table Pose / Ardha Purvottanasana
- Great core strengthener.
- Engages entire body.
- Great starter pose for backbends.
Foundation & General Alignment:
- Feet are hip width apart and pointing away from body.
- Legs are bent at the knees.
- Body is raised up with weight supported on hands and feet.
- Hands are pointing towards feet, shoulder width apart.
- Body is straight, whole body is engaged.
- Neck is engaged but head is not pulled forwards.
- Body is sagging.
- Feet/hands are too close together.
- Arms are hyperextending.
- Block can go between thighs for added engagement.
Articles published by Basmati.com are no substitute for medical advice. Please consult your health care provider before beginning any new regimen. For more information, please visit our disclaimer page here.