-by Kelsey Skrinde | 07/12/2017 |
Buddhist Stupa Pose / Utkatasana
- Strengthens the legs.
- Can help posture.
Foundation & General Alignment:
- Start with legs wide.
- Feet are pointing outward, away from body.
- Legs are bent at the knees.
- Thighs are parallel to the ground.
- Keep pelvis in a natural position.
- Back is straight.
- Neck is natural, shoulders are back and away from ears.
- Legs aren’t wide enough.
- Back is curved.
- Pelvis is “tipping” forward.
- Thighs do not have to be parallel to the ground.
- Feet can be slightly turned in.
Articles published by Basmati.com are no substitute for medical advice. Please consult your health care provider before beginning any new regimen. For more information, please visit our disclaimer page here.