- Great hip opener.
- Opens chest.
- Stretches thighs, hips, and shoulders.
Foundation & General Alignment:
- Start in pigeon prep pose, bring back leg up bent at knee -- and if able, bend arm back and grab hold of foot.
- Feet are flexed and font bent foot is parallel to top of mat.
- Keep hips squared.
- Back is slightly bent so hand can grab foot.
- Chest is open, head is looking forwards.
- Shoulders are back and away from ears.
- Hips are not squared; one is farther back then the other.
- Blanket can be under hips for support.
- Back leg does not have to be bent.
- Hands can be on ground for added support.
Articles published by Basmati.com are no substitute for medical advice. Please consult your health care provider before beginning any new regimen. For more information, please visit our disclaimer page here.