Simple Peacock Pose / Sahaja Mayurasana
- Heart opener.
- Stretches shoulders and arms.
- Helps stretch out the backs of legs.
Foundation & General Alignment:
- Start with feet slightly wider than hip distance. Next, interlace hands behind back. Bend forward raising hands up behind back.
- Keep back straight for as long as possible.
- Arms can be slightly bent for comfort.
- Shoulders are not up by ears. Keep them relaxed.
- Legs are straight.
- Weight in evenly distributed on feet.
- Arms are too bent.
- Legs are too far apart.
- Back is curved.
- Knees can be bent slightly if uncomfortable.
Articles published by Basmati.com are no substitute for medical advice. Please consult your health care provider before beginning any new regimen. For more information, please visit our disclaimer page here.