-by Kelsey Skrinde | 05/24/2017 |
Garland Pose / Malasana
- Great hip opener.
- Helps open chest.
- Grounding pose.
Foundation & General Alignment:
- Start standing with feet wider than hip distance apart. Squat until backs of thighs are resting on calves. Elbows are pressing into inner thighs and hands are at heart center.
- Weight is evenly distributed on both feet.
- Feet are pointed outward slightly.
- Back is straight.
- Neck is evenly extended and head is looking forwards.
- Keep shoulders back and away from ears.
- Back is rounded and chest is not being opened.
- Pressing elbows in to knees instead of thighs.
- Hands can be at heart center or arms can be extended towards the ground.
- Butt is resting on block for added balance.
Articles published by Basmati.com are no substitute for medical advice. Please consult your health care provider before beginning any new regimen. For more information, please visit our disclaimer page here.