-by Kelsey Skrinde | 05/17/2017 |
Extended Triangle Pose / Trikonasana
- Helps relieve stress.
- Stimulates the abdominal organs and improves digestion.
- Stretches the hips, groins, hamstrings, calves, shoulders, chest, and spine.
Foundation & General Alignment:
- Feet are in Warrior 2 postion.
- Front leg is straight with toes pointing forward.
- Arms can start out in a ‘T’ position, like Warrior 2. For full pose front arm goes down to land on ground or block by ankle of front foot.
- Hips aren’t “popped” out, keep them in line with body.
- Shoulders are back and away from ears.
- Head can be turned up or looking forward.
- Hips are popped out.
- Side body is curved over.
- Shoulders are hunched over.
- If unable to keep side body straight rest hand on top of block for extra height.
- Do against wall for extra support.
- Shorten stance to improve balance.
Articles published by Basmati.com are no substitute for medical advice. Please consult your health care provider before beginning any new regimen. For more information, please visit our disclaimer page here.