Dolphin Pose / Ardha Pincha Mayurasana
- Strengthening pose.
- Stretches shoulders, hamstrings, and calves.
- Can help calm brain, relieving stress.
- Can relieve symptoms of menopause.
Foundation & General Alignment:
- Start on hands and knees, lower onto forearms and bring body up like downward dog.
- Weight is evenly distributed on forearms and feet.
- Heels are on ground.
- Legs are as straight as available.
- Tummy is pulled in, not hanging out.
- Back is not rounded.
- Head is in natural position.
- Heels are up off ground.
- Back is rounded.
- Bend knees a lot to help straighten back and keep heels on ground.
- Can put heels on wall for better alignment.
Articles published by Basmati.com are no substitute for medical advice. Please consult your health care provider before beginning any new regimen. For more information, please visit our disclaimer page here.