Standing Figure Four
- Helps strengthen the leg.
- Stretches the thighs and knees.
- Improves balance.
Foundation & General Alignment:
- Start standing on one leg, other leg bent.
- Bent leg comes up like tree pose.
- Reach down and pull foot across standing leg. Rest foot/ankle on thigh.
- Keep foot flexed, not pointed.
- Hands can be on hips -- wherever is most comfortable.
- Pelvis is in a natural position.
- Head is facing forward and shoulders are back away from ears.
- Foot is not flexed.
- Ankle is resting on knee not thigh.
- Shoulders are hunched forward.
- Can place hands on walls for balance.
- Can do tree pose instead.
- This pose can also been done laying flat on back.
Articles published by Basmati.com are no substitute for medical advice. Please consult your health care provider before beginning any new regimen. For more information, please visit our disclaimer page here.