-by Kelsey Skrinde | 03/01/2017 |
Standing Side Bend
- Great side opener.
- Helps tone core.
- Strengthens back.
Foundation & General Alignment:
- Start standing in Tadasana with arms above head and fingers interlaced.
- Gently bend to one side, make sure not to force body over.
- Keep feet firmly planted on the ground, legs are engaged.
- Belly is toned and pelvis is in a natural position.
- Head is looking forward, in natural position.
- Shoulders aren't popping forward.
- Both feet aren’t evenly planted on the ground.
- “Collapsing” into the side you’re bending on.
- Shoulders are popping forward instead of remaining back.
- Using one hand instead of both.
- Leaning against a wall for support.
Articles published by Basmati.com are no substitute for medical advice. Please consult your health care provider before beginning any new regimen. For more information, please visit our disclaimer page here.