This sandwich is a staple that is so easy to make and perfect to cool off with in the middle of a hot day. The hummus adds a bit of protein and creaminess to complement the crisp and cool veggies, while also giving you an opportunity to experiment with different flavors. Try using spinach- or garlic-flavored hummus to ramp up the antioxidants, or a spicy red pepper hummus for a flavorful kick. (Or try beet ginger hummus for extra zing!)
Hummus & Veggie Sandwich (Vegan)
- 2 Tablespoons hummus (any flavor)
- 1/4 cup sprouts
- 4 small cucumber slices
- 2 large tomato slices
- 3 large avocado slices
- 2 pieces whole-grain sandwich bread
- Start by spreading 1 tablespoon of hummus on each piece of bread.
- Add the sprouts on top of the hummus, followed by tomato, cucumber, and avocado.
- Place the other piece of bread (covered in hummus) on top of the avocado to ensure it all stays in place.
- Now cut in half and enjoy!