-by Nicole Bowers | 03/02/2017 |
Anyone who has ever attempted to shed a few extra pounds has heard that diet and exercise is the key to weight loss success. It’s a popular saying because eating right and getting active is a perfect, proven formula for getting rid of unnecessary, unwanted weight.
However, eating brown rice and steamed veggies each night, counting calories, and hitting the gym six days a week is not the only solution. Without much thought, time, or effort, there are a few simple things you can do, besides eating right and exercising, that will surely help you reach your weight loss goal over time.
- Stick to the Basics: Variety is fun and all, but having a fridge and pantry always stocked with various foods can lead to weight gain. Try to only keep basic food staples on hand because when there are more food options available, we tend to eat more. Ever been to a buffet?
- Keep a Curfew: Say no to the temptations of midnight snacks by establishing a food curfew. Consider the kitchen closed after a certain hour because I’ve never heard of anyone having a late night craving for quinoa. Also, be aware that indulgence often quickly becomes overindulgence. Be strong; I believe in you.
- Choose Denim: In the age of yoga pants and leggings, befriend jeans. I know they’re not always the comfiest option, but that’s exactly why you must wear them. It’s hard to tell whether or not you’re outgrowing an article of clothing that’s pretty much one size fits all. Jeans, on the other hand, will unapologetically let you know that your denim is huggin’ those lovely love handles a little too tight lately.
- Hand Wash Your Dishes: Ever since college, I’ve hand washed my dishes. At first, it was because I had no choice, but now I kind of like doing it. It’s relatively quick, relaxing, and it allows me to keep tabs on how many dishes I’m using. If you’re cleaning a bit more dishes than usual, you just might be overeating. Plus, I’m sure you burn more calories by washing dishes the old-fashioned way than by loading up a machine that does the dirty work for you.
- Snap a Photo: Unless you’re a super photogenic person who knows all the right angles, cameras usually don’t lie. Instead of fearing being captured on photo, embrace it! By frequently getting someone to snap a photo of you, you’ll be able to visibly see the changes in your physique (both good and bad). Let photo evidence motivate and inspire you to make, and continue making, positive changes for your health.
Articles published by Basmati.com are no substitute for medical advice. Please consult your health care provider before beginning any new regimen. For more information, please visit our disclaimer page here.