Upward Facing Two Foot Staff Pose/Dwi Pada Viparita Dandasana
- Opens chest.
- Stretches shoulders, arms, and front of body.
- Improves balance.
- Starter pose for Wheel pose.
Foundation & General Alignment:
- Can start in wheel or laying flat on back. Bend arms at the elbows and place hands flat on ground.
- Legs are straight with feet pointing away.
- Arms are shoulders width apart.
- Shoulders are engaged, push through armpits for deepest stretch.
- Head can either be on ground or held up. If not resting on ground keep neck relaxed and facing forward.
- Legs are straight and engaged.
- Toes are pointing outward.
- Feet can be together or apart.
- Legs are bent at the knee.
- Head is bent backward, causing neck not to be straight.
- Arms are wider than shoulders’ width.
- Hands can be flat on ground or balled up.
- Knees can be bent if full pose is not available.
Articles published by Basmati.com are no substitute for medical advice. Please consult your health care provider before beginning any new regimen. For more information, please visit our disclaimer page here.