Part 1 of 2: Five amazing recipes for grilling your fruits and veggies this summer! Love these? Check out Part 2 here!
If you’re like me, there is something definitely delicious about the smoky flavor that you get from grilling. Plus, grilling can be a really easy, healthy way to cook your vegetables and fruit. Here are 5 healthy mouthwatering ideas for grilling your fruits and veggies this summer.
1. Grilled Veggie & Fruit Skewers
Ingredients for Skewers:
- 2 small yellow squash, halved lengthwise and cut into 1/4-inch-thick slices
- 2 small zucchinis, halved lengthwise and cut in 1/4 inch slices
- 1/2 medium red onion, diced in 1/2-inch pieces
- 1/2 medium red bell pepper, diced in 1/2-inch pieces
- 1 cup sliced fresh pineapple, diced in 1/2-inch pieces
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes
Ingredients for Marinade:
- 1/4 cup cooking oil or butter
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 clove garlic, minced fine
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
Heat grill to low. Assemble the skewers, alternating different vegetables and pineapple on wooden skewers. Combine all ingredients for marinade in medium bowl and mix well. Brush marinade onto fruit and veggie kabobs. Line grill with foil to prevent skewers from sticking to grill. Place skewers on grill on aluminum foil and grill for 10 to 15 minutes. Transfer skewers to plate to cool before serving. Enjoy!
2. Grilled Rosemary Potatoes
- 4 potatoes, sliced (serves 4)
- 1 red onion, sliced
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon rosemary
- 4 tablespoons oil or butter
Preheat grill for medium heat. Layer potato and onion slices on the center of a large foil piece. Sprinkle with salt and rosemary, then dot with butter. Wrap the foil into flattened square, sealing in all of the edges. Place aluminum wrapped packet over indirect heat, and cover. Cook for approximately 30 minutes, turning once half-way through. Serve hot off the grill. Bon Appétit!
Grilled Asparagus with Sea Salt
- 1-pound fresh asparagus spears, trimmed
- 1 tablespoon oil or butter
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- ½ teaspoon pepper
Preheat grill for high heat. Lightly coat the asparagus spears with oil or butter. Season with salt and pepper. Grill over high heat for 2 to 3 minutes, or until desired tenderness. Super easy and really delicious!
4. Grilled Portobello Mushrooms
- 4 Portobello mushroom caps
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- ¼ cup oil
- ¼ cup balsamic vinaigrette
- ¼ teaspoon onion powder
Preheat grill for medium heat. In a large bowl, mix the garlic, oil, balsamic vinaigrette, and onion powder. Spread mixture over gill side of the mushroom caps. Lightly oil the grill grate. Place mushrooms over indirect heat, cover, and cook for 15 to 20 minutes. Ta-dah!
5. Grilled Foil Fruit and Veggie Mix
- 3 zucchinis, sliced
- 3 yellow squash, sliced
- 1 onion, sliced
- 1 large orange, sliced
- 1 lemon, sliced
- 1/2 cup oil or butter
- ground sea salt and black pepper to taste
Preheat grill for medium-high heat and lightly oil the grate. Lay 2 large pieces of heavy duty aluminum foil onto a flat surface. Place zucchinis, yellow squash, onion, orange, and lemon in the middle of the foil. Put oil over the mixture; season with salt and black pepper. Wrap aluminum foil around the mixture and seal along the edges, making a packet. Cook on the preheated grill until tender, 30 to 45 minutes. Savory, yet sweet.
Want more of these amazing grilling ideas? Check out Part 2 here!