I tend to get canker sores a lot. They're always inside my mouth and they’re such a pain to deal with. That's why I decided to share this recipe today: It's specifically designed to treat canker sores. That's because rosemary and tea tree oil have antibacterial properties (and are also great at preventing plaque build up). Not to mention I cannot stand how conventional mouthwash is loaded with synthetic chemicals (and alcohol, which burns your mouth). This one is all-natural and totally easy to make at home. Use it once or twice a day and it should not only treat those icky canker sores, but prevent them in the first place. Oh, and it smells nice.
All-Natural Mouthwash Recipe
Notes: Vitamin C powder acts as an all-natural preservative and can be used in lots of homemade liquid beauty or health products.
If you're not sure what sort of container to put this in, I recommend a tall glass bottle with a ceramic lid and a metal clamp.
- 1 large sprig of rosemary
- 3 cups distilled water
- 30 drops tea tree oil
- 1/2 Tablespoon vitamin C powder
- First, bring the distilled water to a boil in a saucepan, and then place the rosemary sprig inside the water. Reduce the heat to medium. Place a lid on top of the saucepan and leave it undisturbed for approximately 15 minutes.
- Now turn off the heat and let the infused liquid cool with the lid on for 10 minutes.
- Take the lid off and remove the rosemary sprig.
- Then, use a funnel to move the infusion into a new container.
- Once it's cooled down, add the vitamin C powder and the tea tree oil.
- Make sure to shake it before using.
- To use the mouthwash, simply pour some into a cup, and then gargle with it. I recommend gargling and swishing it around in your mouth for at least two minutes.
- When you're done, spit!
- How much you decide to use depends on personal preference, but it certainly doesn't have to fill up the entire cup you use.
- Do this morning and night after brushing your teeth.