October 5, 2018 -thru- November 16, 2018
Time to Review, Reflect & Set Conscious Intentions
for Release & Reclamation of Your Connection
to Your Own Core Values & Current Priorities
New Venus Cycle ~ Scorpio/Libra Theme
October 2018 – May 2020
~ LOVE ~
the unifying energetic force that exists in/through all life
~ ART & BEAUTY ~
the invisible essence which links all life and transcends language or species
~ VALUES ~
what you spend your resources on (time/energy/money)
~ CULTURE ~
what humanity collectively creates through thoughts, feelings, words & deeds
Your Invitation to Meet Venus
The Value of Venus Retrograde
The whole point of any planet going Retrograde is to bring up the issues of its domain, and in Venus's case, the primary issues are values, priorities, beauty, love, relationships, and resources. It brings these aspects of life up to the surface for everyone. Essentially, this is getting your attention in a way that prompts you to want to explore more deeply and look at things from a variety of other or new perspectives. Before charting the course of future choices and forward movement, there is a review and a clearing that must happen for you to acquire more clarity and sure-footedness.
The Current Theme & Questions to Contemplate
The Sign that the Retrograde falls in represents the “theme” (aka Overtone) and is where Venus extends her stay for one and all. For example, this one is in Scorpio. 2010 was the last time Venus Retrograded through Scorpio and went Direct in Libra (before that, 2002 was in all Scorpio). So, how have your values and priorities evolved over the last eight years where your power, death, transformation, sex, lifeforce energy, money, and intimate relationships are concerned? How would you like to evolve over the next eight years? Venus energy focuses your attention on what you deeply value or what you give your resources to, which tells the Universe what you truly value. How did you spend your time, energy, and money over the last cycle or two? How will/can that change going forward for the next eight years?
Do You Want to Scratch the Surface?
This is an excellent cycle to consciously co-create with, and you don’t even have to know or understand astrology itself. There are many ways to do that, but simple awareness of the cycle is a good start. Beyond that, I have created several custom tools to support this process. If you just want to get to know how Venus feels moving through your own life (chart), then I recommend getting your Personal Venus Activations. They support you like a custom horoscope that focuses on your Love, Money, and Magnetics.
Or Do You Want to Go Deeper?
If you’d like to track her cycle by going narrow and deep into what she activates for you personally, then I recommend that you get your Reading + Custom Guide and join the Venus Circle. It can be quite remarkable to track this cycle as it unfolds over the next 1-2 years. Venus enters the zone 9/3 which will be reviewed between October 5th (retro) and November 16th (direct), and anchored during Winter 2018-19. It is a powerful experience to follow her cycle like this. Please go to my website for details and be sure to join us for the FREE OPEN House in October 2018 to find out what it is activating for you. Ok, let’s dive in!
Venus Retrograde is About...
- Reconnecting with all your six senses
- Focusing on your resources & definition of wealth & abundance
- Reviewing & renewing the sacred feminine aspects of your nature
- Assessing the evolution of your personal values & priorities on all levels
- Processing & integrating energetic shifts within your relationships & resources
- Renewing your spirit, faith & commitment to the sacred feminine
- Reawakening your way of living your life—and of living on Earth with others
- Assessing the value & purpose of all relationships, partnerships & collaborations
- Fortifying & restoring your individual sense of self-value, self-worth & self-esteem
- Reviving your essential nature & organically changing how you relate with others
- Revitalizing & reestablishing your magnetics: what you naturally magnetize and naturally repel
- Reviewing anything of value that has been buried, suppressed or neglected in last 18 months to 8 years
Important Details of NOW
Enter Shadow: September 3 - October 5, 2018
Introduction/Initiation of New You & New Priorities
Retrograde/Initiation: October 5 - November 16, 2018
Re-View, Re-Evaluate, Re-Vision, Re-Examine Relationships & Finances
Direct/Integration: November 16 - December 18, 2018
Integration of the New You & New Priorities
Exit Shadow: December 18 - January 7, 2019
Anchoring the Scorpio Power & Energy and Grounding NEW 8-year Cycle
Aug 6 - Sept 9, 2018 ~ Venus in Libra
(again Retrograde Oct 31 – Dec 2, 2018)
Venus rules values, priorities, resources, love, art, beauty, culture, and, in Libra, the lesson of balance and reciprocity in relationships is what she is animating and awakening for one and all. It is a call from within, to restore balance as an individual, within the context of all your primary relationships. Your sense of self-worth and self-value is in need of some attention. You have evolved in the last eight years (or more). This is an opportunity to renegotiate the terms of both your personal and professional relationships so you can determine what is no longer important to you, while preparing to go deeper.
If you align your priorities within your Being, as well as within your primary relationships of now, then it will make the deep dive into the potent Scorpio energy more productive (and less debilitating). When Venus is in Libra, it is time to assess your priorities and reestablish balance with a cool head (Libra is an Air sign). It’s time to consider what is fair, just, and actually worth it to and for you, now and in the future.
Choices & Karma
It's time to take an honest look at how you, your life, and your choices affect those closest to you. It’s an excellent time to reflect on how effective your choices actually are (or have been) in attracting your heart's desires. Remember, Libra is the lesson of "balance & reciprocity" which must be considered before taking-on the Scorpio lesson of "karma and creation," otherwise you create more "karma and creations" to clean up along the way. Venus will always remind you that “you are what you attract” and she will also reveal how you show the Universe what you value by what you spend your primary resources on (time, energy, money). So use this time to review your relationships and resources, both tangible & intangible, and use the new cycle to recalibrate things consciously, while you discover many new ways of relating, with both your Soul Self and others you partner or collaborate with.
Sept 9 – Oct 31, 2018 ~ Venus in Scorpio
(again Direct Dec 2 - Jan 7, 2019)
As you move through the relationship work in Libra, it could be friends or co-workers, but once we shift into Scorpio, it is your own intimate relationships (or lack thereof). At this time, new (or sometimes old) personal issues are exposed and brought in to the light, and you begin to realize how you operate unconsciously, and how that affects your individual values and personal self-worth, and thus the relationships you attract.
Unconscious Habits or Conscious Practices
As Venus moves into Scorpio, it activates Soul-level work and illuminates how invisible energy is affecting your life and relationships. Ideas or beliefs that have become unconscious, hidden, or buried, come in to your conscious awareness at this time. This energy supports rooting-out any self-deceptions and/or bad habits which no longer support who you are now or who you've become over the last 2-8 years.
Define Your Terms
It's time to identify and release any self-sabotage, illusions, delusions, irrational fears, or inner darkness that is delaying your good or misguiding your power. It's time to distill your motivations back to their original essence and intentions. Define your terms. What is conscious equal partnership on an intimate level? What is love? abundance? beauty? life? What do you want? and why do you want it? How will you create it? or magnetize it in?
You & Your Invisible Team
Scorpio is the energy and lesson of karma and creation, holding us all accountable for that which we bring into being. We are reminded that a willing and an honorable sacrifice clears space for magic to occur; it also is an invitation to the Ancestors & Invisible Realms to contribute & assist you.
You & Your Power
Venus in Scorpio reminds you that you are not the Source of power, but merely a channel or vehicle of and for its expression. As a human with free will and choice, it helps to also be responsible and aware anytime Scorpio is kicking. It’s time to release deeper issues, clear space to plant new seeds of potential, tend to the 3D/visible work, then step back and allow the invisible power of Source energy to breathe life into your intentions.
Honoring the Life/Death/Life Cycle
It can be intense and often challenging, but if you are able to push through the discomfort and face any dark, Raw Truths being revealed at this time, you will be cleansed, made lighter, and feel better able to direct your own power and shape-shift as needed, going forward. Any deep dives into Scorpio remind you of your own mortality and how short life really is. The sooner you dance with the rhythm of the Life/Death/Life Cycle, the sooner you get to feel deeply connected and ecstatically alive in your day-to-day rhythm.
Last Venus in Libra/Scorpio ~ Oct 15 – Dec 2, 2017
It is a fairly regular occurrence for Venus to move through Libra and Scorpio every year or so. The last time was Oct/Nov 2017. It's catching it at the Retrograde that makes the current one special. However, the last cycle or two that you can remember may have some clues, upon reflection, that turn out to be some kind of confirmation of what you are facing and reviewing now.
Previous Venus Retrograde in Scorpio ~ 2010 / 2002 / 1994 / 1986 (8-year cycles)
This is a larger Cycle to focus on but still may yield some clues. Basically, all cycles eventually repeat themselves, some more often than others. The same Scorpio energy was activated back then, and will be again; however, the surrounding planetary support changes—the human condition evolves—your own personal support systems shapeshift as needed. Look for any patterns in your intimate life. Often these years will coincide with ex-partners circling back or significant past-life connections becoming obvious.
Think about the Sign Lesson: SCORPIO Power to Create ~ and the subsequent Karma you create along with it.
The SCORPIO Issues: Power, Sex, Death, Money, Rebirth & Transformative Soul-Work—that’s what's back on the table. You should be able to delineate a pattern. Think of the deaths, real or metaphorical, that you have experienced around those years. Think about your sexual preferences or levels of activity. Think about how you were creating your reality and with what resources. Think of the life-changing events that led you to here and now.
What do you want to create with your power & resources over the next eight years? Set an intention to purify and distill your own power issues into their most useful and basic elements. As a human being with conscious awareness, you are Infinitely creative and connected to an Infinite Power Source. That is incredible power which requires an adequate structure, container or vehicle, as well as a capable guide or director and a pure motivation to create.
Venus Retrogrades every 18-months, which means that our Values and Priorities shift, in small ways, on a fairly regular basis, but in huge ways every eight years. Getting a rhythm to this, internally, will help you flow with your own personal evolution with far less fear or anxiety and more trust in the natural order of things, which includes your own natural evolution.
Below, you will find two lists which are especially good to refer to during the Retro period and great to check-in with throughout the cycle to ensure that you are on track. “On track” means that you are expressing the Light aspects of Venus in Scorpio and minimizing your expression of the Shadow aspects of Venus in Scorpio.
Venus in SCORPIO is About…
- Ability to operate from Soul level values & priorities
- Innate trust of your instincts & psychic knowing
- Valuing & pursuing your Soul’s mission
- Being powerful & magnetic in social situations
- Your personal power, self-discipline & self-mastery
- Mastering your authentic power to create reality
- Ability to acknowledge & honor your shadow nature
- Knowing your own power & how to use it
- Access to a natural sensuality, sexuality & magnetism
- Going to the underworld & returning renewed
- Ability to dedicate & focus with intensity
Venus in SCORPIO is About…
- Excessive need to control in relationships
- Being stubborn, stingy & hoarding resources
- Rigid resistance to change & suffering in silence
- Repression, self-sabotage & living in survival mode
- Stagnation, toxicity & disregard for the Life/Death/Life Cycle
- Operating covertly & misusing your personal power to manipulate others with emotional blackmail
- Creating negative karma through abuse & oppression
- Victim consciousness: feeling powerless
- Excessive need for retribution & toxic forms of justice
- Poverty consciousness: feeling worthless
I did some research and it was the years 1962-2002 that most of us have lived through, with Venus Retrograding through Scorpio only. 2010 brought the first time it Retrograded in Scorpio and went Direct in Libra, bringing in this dual lesson going forward, 2010-2058 (when it will shift to all Libra). So every eight years, we will experience this dual lesson and both will be included.
Venus in LIBRA is About…
- Ability to create win/win situations at home or work
- Innate conscious equal partnership with all life
- Creating kinship, community & a sense of belonging
- Cultivating beauty, art, music & harmony with all life
- Ability to create beauty in all you are, do or have
- Dedicating to creativity & expressing your essence
- Having a natural sense of balance, fairness & justice
- Ability to mediate, negotiate & integrate opposites
- Being naturally magnetic, attractive & loving
- Creating reciprocal relationships, creative collaborations & profitable partnerships
Venus in LIBRA is About…
- Attracting imbalanced & toxic relationships
- Being anti-social & unable to contribute to community
- Excessive self-doubt, indecision & inability to commit
- Staying busy so most interactions are superficial
- Being excessively other-directed to the neglect of self
- Not knowing what you want or asking for what you need
- Low self-worth & inability to negotiate on your own behalf
- Excessive giving to others until drained and/or angry
- Feeling a false sense of estrangement & projecting fears onto others
- Imbalance, stagnation or extremes (excess or famine)
- Overdone need for approval of others