-by Kelsey Skrinde | 11/23/2016 |
Cat / Cow
- Establishes an even and conscious breathing pattern.
- Loosens spine and shoulders.
- Helpful way to see the curves in your spine.
- Learning to arch the upper back.
Foundation & General Alignment:
- Hands are shoulder width apart, below the shoulders.
- Knees are beneath hips or slightly back.
- Arch the sitting bones while you inhale.
- Tailbone descends with exhale.
- You can also hold for more than one breath in either pose.
- Most at risk is the low back, neck if forced.
- Hands are misaligned.
- Hunching of the shoulders.
- Collapsing the low back while in arched position.
- Blanket under knees as padding.
- Block between upper thighs.
Articles published by Basmati.com are no substitute for medical advice. Please consult your health care provider before beginning any new regimen. For more information, please visit our disclaimer page here.