-by Kelsey Skrinde | 11/16/2016 |
Baddha Konasana / Bound Angle
- Opens hips, puriformis, gluteus maximus, and groins.
- Can also be useful for relieving sciatic pain.
- Great for relieving menstrual discomfort, constipation, and prostate disorders.
Foundation & General Alignment:
- Feet are active.
- Pelvis is in a neutral position.
- Torso lengthens evenly.
- Neck and head should reflect the natural curves of the spine.
- You can bend forward to increase action of the hips. It is okay to round the back as you go forward in the pose.
- Most at risk is the knees and low back.
- Not enough muscle engagement in legs and feet.
- Pelvis is not balanced.
- Excessive force on knees.
Articles published by Basmati.com are no substitute for medical advice. Please consult your health care provider before beginning any new regimen. For more information, please visit our disclaimer page here.