-by Kelsey Skrinde | 10/19/2016 |
Navasana / Boat
- Strengthens the abs and hip flexor muscles.
- Stimulates and tones the abdominal organs.
Foundation & General Alignment:
- Balanced on the pelvis, slightly above the sitting bones.
- Knees/legs straight if hamstrings allow it.
- Feet are active and in “floint” (pointing but flexed).
- Pelvis is in a neutral position.
- 90 degree angle between thighs and pelvis.
- Chest is lifted and shoulders are back.
- Arms are straight and parallel to each other, perpendicular to the ground.
- Neck is in a natural position.
- Most at risk is the low back.
- Too much external rotation of the legs.
- Not enough muscular engagement - use block between shins.
- Head is too far forward.
- Block between shins.
- Can use a blanket underneath the sitting bones.
- Keep feet on floor with knees bent.
Articles published by Basmati.com are no substitute for medical advice. Please consult your health care provider before beginning any new regimen. For more information, please visit our disclaimer page here.