Balasana / Child pose
- Calming resting pose.
- Gentle hip opener.
- It’s a thorough way to stretch your back a shoulders with minimally injury.
Foundation & General Alignment:
- Hands, forearms, elbows, forehead, knees, shins, and top of the feet are on the floor.
- Knees are wider than hip distance with big toes touching.
- Belly isn’t resting on floor or thighs.
- Shoulders are away from ears.
- Forehead can either be resting on floor, up off the floor, or resting on a prop.
- Arms can be active reaching above your head or at your side.
- Most at risk is your knee.
- Hips up off heels.
- Shoulders over extended.
- Elbows are too wide with the hands too close together.
- Blanket or foam block under forehead.
- Blanket between thighs.
Articles published by Basmati.com are no substitute for medical advice. Please consult your health care provider before beginning any new regimen. For more information, please visit our disclaimer page here.
Back to main site