I must confess, I pay very little attention to my feet. Unless they start hurting, I tend to take them for granted. That shouldn't be the case though, considering they get me everywhere I need to go and work perfectly fine. That's why I've decided to spoil them every once and a while. Want to know how? A DIY foot soak, that's how!
Sure, there are tons of foot soaks you can buy online, but doesn't it make you feel good to know you're crafting something your feet are going to love? I don't know, it just adds that extra special something. Not to mention DIY recipes are awesome because you're always in control (no icky ingredients here!). Ready to soak those feet and give 'em a treat?
Essential Oil Foot Soak Recipe
- 1 cup sea salt
- 1 cup Epsom salt
- 2 cups baking soda
- 12-15 drops essential oil (lavender, rose, and/or jasmine work well)
- Combine the sea salt, Epsom salt, and baking soda in a large bowl, then mix well.
- Add 12–15 drops of your favorite essential oil or a combination of oils (one favorite combo is rose and vanilla, just to give you an idea). Using a spoon, mix the ingredients again to distribute the oil throughout the mixture (it'll start smelling amazing, FYI).
- Once combined, store in a sealable container (try a glass jar or a plastic bottle you want to upcycle).
- When ready to use, pour 1/4 cup of the mixture into a bowl, add hot water (as hot as you can stand), and add feet!
- All that's left to do is relax! You can grab a good book, your favorite magazine, or just meditate for a bit. Try to soak your feet for at least 15 minutes, but you can relax into the foot soak for up to an hour, if you'd like.
- When you're done, dry your feet off and apply some body lotion to your feet to give them an extra moisturizing boost! Want to DIY the body lotion too? Give this recipe a go (and feel free to use it on other areas of your body too!).