Understanding The Basics of Each Dosha
Kapha- Formed by Earth and Water elements.
Part of Body: Special Seat - Chest
Other parts: Throat, head, joints, stomach and small intestine, plasma, fat, nose, tongue.
Qualities - Oily, heavy, cold, slimy, stable.
Functions of Kapha
In normal state
- Stability of the body.
- Lubrication to bodily tissues.
- Compactness to the body structure.
- Firmness of the joints.
- Strength for mental capacity to withstand or withhold emotions, strains.
- Initiates forgiveness.
Symptoms Showing Increased Kapha:
- Weak digestive activity
- Excess salivation
- Feeling of heaviness
- Feeling cold
- Excess of sleep
- Susceptible to cold, cough or upper respiratory diseases
Symptoms Showing Decreased Kapha:
- Feeling of delusion
- Looseness of joints
- Emptiness of organs of Kapha
- Tremors of the heart (palpitations)
Text - Ashtanga Hridayam
Articles published by Basmati.com are no substitute for medical advice. Please consult your health care provider before beginning any new regimen. For more information, please visit our disclaimer page here.