The New Moon Solar Eclipse in Cancer on July 2, 2019, is the second New Moon Solar Eclipse in Cancer of the past year, and will likely awaken issues last raised to your awareness in July 2018.
A New Moon Solar Eclipse clears the way for a new idea, a new understanding, and a new direction. When the New Moon Solar Eclipse is in the Sign of Cancer, the new idea, understanding, or direction will have to do with your home, family, and feelings of safety and security.
The United States of America, whose birthday is July 4, 1776, is a Cancer, whose identity is aligned with providing its citizens safety and security. As the inscription says on the Statue of Liberty—a beacon of light to visitors to the American shores—"Give me your tired, your poor, Your huddled masses yearning to breathe free, The wretched refuse of your teeming shore. Send these, the homeless, tempest-tossed to me, I lift my lamp beside the golden door!”
This inspired quotation, written in 1883 by Emma Lazarus, represents the best of welcoming, protective Cancerian energy emanated by the United States. Unfortunately, where there is light, there also is shadow. The shadow of the welcoming beacon of light cast by the principles represented by the Cancerian Statue of Liberty is its opposite—xenophobia (fear of foreigners) and restrictions on the very immigrants the nation was founded to shelter.
Solar eclipses bring new points of view into the light—and eclipses also cast old, outworn viewpoints into the shadows. Expect the upcoming New Moon Solar Eclipse in Cancer to do both—block out a former, worn-out point of view, just as the Cancer Moon crossing in front of the Cancer Sun at the eclipse temporarily blocks out the light of the Sun before giving way to a new burst of sunlight. The blockage of the sun’s light also casts a shadow on the Earth. That is why eclipses expose us to extremes of light and shadow—and demonstrate the effects of the duality in which we live on the material plane—where all light casts light—and all light casts shadow.
So, get ready for more light to illuminate a Cancerian issue (having to do with borders, homes, shelter, families, and children), while also casting a shadow on the above issues. These themes will resonate globally as well as in your personal lives. You may be thinking about establishing new boundaries between yourself and others in your home or in close personal relationships. You may be concerned about your safety and security. You may be wrestling with childhood issues—and creatively giving voice to your inner child. Like the extremes of the eclipse, your inner child carries much light, love, and creativity. But your inner child may also carry wounds and pain. This is a time for you to integrate the pain of the past into mature adult expression of your personality in the present. Much healing is possible at this time, as you acknowledge old wounds and release them so they no longer hold sway over your adult personality. An eclipse is an auspicious moment to allow past patterns within you to be eclipsed as well.
Here is how the New Moon Solar Eclipse in Cancer on July 2 will affect you:
- Cancer — It’s a time of new beginnings. Let go of the past!
- Leo — Sit quietly in meditation to allow the energy of your soul to gradually rise up to your awareness. There are many fulfilling things you can do with your precious soul energy!
- Virgo — Get in touch with friends from the past. Connecting with precious people from the past will nurture you and show you where your personal gifts and treasures lay.
- Libra — There’s an element of your daily work in need of remodeling. You are about to be shown an element of the path you are destined to follow.
- Scorpio — The New Moon Solar Eclipse in Cancer will help you withdraw your attention into your rich inner world. This is an excellent time for introspection and increased self-understanding!
- Sagittarius — Take out a pen and paper and practice automatic writing. You will be surprised at the insights that come to your awareness!
- Capricorn — It’s time to renovate an old relationship—or make space to welcome a new special partner into your life. You are changing at a rapid rate, and so too should the people with whom you are in close contact.
- Aquarius — It’s a great time to clean house, empty drawers, organize closets, and update your daily personal operating “systems,” as well as streamline the operations on your electronic devices!
- Pisces — The New Moon Solar Eclipse in Cancer will open an avenue of your creativity!
- Aries — Home and family should be your first priority right now. Someone is in need of your attention. The greater care and generosity you demonstrate will be handsomely rewarded.
- Taurus — You will have an opportunity to experience the warmth and closeness you seek in a personal relationship—even if it’s through an understanding conversation or a warm hug.
- Gemini — This is a good time to review your financial plans to make sure your strategy fits the reality of your needs—and the reality of the world around you!