Locust Pose / Salabhasana
- Strengthens entire back of body.
- Stretches the front of the body.
- Can help relieve stress.
Foundation & General Alignment:
- Start laying on stomach, hands are flat on ground by your side, and tops of feet are flat on ground with toes pressing into the ground.
- Either at the same time, or one after the other: lift both arms and legs.
- Keep front of body engaged.
- Chest is off the ground, you’re balancing on the front of your body.
- Keep shoulders back from your ears, arms should be straight.
- Head is looking forward in a natural position.
- Craning of the head/neck.
- Shoulders are up by ears or not flat on back.
- Instead of doing both arms and legs for more ease you can do just the upper body.
- For more comfort put a blanket underneath stomach/pelvis.
- For a more advanced pose you can bring arms above head instead of on the sides of body.
Articles published by Basmati.com are no substitute for medical advice. Please consult your health care provider before beginning any new regimen. For more information, please visit our disclaimer page here.