- Can help improve balance.
- Stretches shoulders and chest.
- Will help strengthen legs and ankles.
Foundation & General Alignment:
- Foot flat on the ground .
- Standing leg is engaged and straight.
- Second leg is bent and hand from same side of body is holding on to it.
- Raise bent leg up and back.
- Hand can be gripping top of foot or inner side of foot.
- Free hand is straight in front of body for balance.
- Head is looking straight forward.
- Most at risk is the knees and back.
- Hyperextending of the knee.
- Forcing yourself into the pose can hurt your back.
- You can use a wall for extra balance.
- Free hand can also be on hips.
Articles published by Basmati.com are no substitute for medical advice. Please consult your health care provider before beginning any new regimen. For more information, please visit our disclaimer page here.