- One of the best hip openers.
- Helps tone core.
- Great beginning stretch for straddle splits.
Foundation & General Alignment:
- Foundation includes your forearms, and your legs.
- The purpose of the pose is not to be flat on the ground, but to stretch the inner thighs.
- Upper body is supported by the forearms.
- Legs are separated and bent at the knees, make sure they are pointing straight back.
- Keep legs activated.
- Make sure shoulders are back and away from ears.
- Head can be looking straight ahead.
- Gripping butt.
- Shoulders are not activated.
- Forcing the hips towards the ground.
- Blanket underneath hips for support.
- One leg back at a time instead of both at the same.
Articles published by Basmati.com are no substitute for medical advice. Please consult your health care provider before beginning any new regimen. For more information, please visit our disclaimer page here.