King Cobra/ Raja Bhujangasana
- Stretches front of body.
- Opens chest.
- Is a very deep back bend, can be a beginner back bend.
Foundation & General Alignment:
- Start by laying on stomach, place hands on sides of body and slowly lift shoulders up. Bend back as far you are comfortably able to. Slowly raise feet up towards head.
- Toes are pointed, can be touching head.
- Legs are engaged.
- Low belly is pulled in, and front of body is flexing.
- Arms are not hyperextending.
- Shoulders are back and away from ears.
- Head is bent back towards feet to deepen stretch.
- Elbows are hyperextending.
- Hands are placed too far away from body.
- Toes are not pointed.
- Can just bend back without bringing feet towards head.
- Pelvis can be on blanket for comfort.
Articles published by Basmati.com are no substitute for medical advice. Please consult your health care provider before beginning any new regimen. For more information, please visit our disclaimer page here.