-by Kelsey Skrinde | 08/09/2017 |
Wide Angle Seated Forward Bend/Upavishta Konasana
- Stretches hips, thighs and calves.
- Helps open hips.
Foundation & General Alignment:
- Start in a seated position, legs are spread as wide as comfortable. Place hands on ground in front of you and slowly walk them away from your body, working your chest to the floor.
- Arms are flat on floor.
- Tummy is engaged.
- Shoulders are back and away from ears.
- Back is evenly extended.
- Toes are pointed and tops of feet are facing upward.
- Keep legs engaged.
- Tummy is not engaged and is hanging down.
- Shoulders are up by ears.
- Tops of feet are turning inward toward body.
- Upper body can be supported on forearms or hands.
- Can also be down sitting up.
Articles published by Basmati.com are no substitute for medical advice. Please consult your health care provider before beginning any new regimen. For more information, please visit our disclaimer page here.