Understanding The Basics of Each Dosha
Pitta - Formed by Fire and Water elements.
Part of Body: Special Seat - Umbilicus
Other parts: Stomach and small intestine, sweat, lymph, blood, plasma, eyes, skin.
Qualities: Slightly oily, piercing, for example, entering into deep tissues, hotness, lightness, fluidity liquidity.
Functions of Pitta
In normal state
- Digestion and metabolism
- Maintenance of body temperature
- Causes hunger, thirst, appetite
- Maintains skin complexion
- Suppleness of the body
Symptoms Showing Increased Pitta:
- Yellow discoloration of feces, urine, eyes, and/or skin.
- Excess of hunger and thirst.
- Feeling of burning sensation
- Trouble sleeping or low quality sleep
Symptoms Showing Decreased Pitta:
Weakness of digestive activity
Loss of luster
Text - Ashtanga Hridayam
Articles published by Basmati.com are no substitute for medical advice. Please consult your health care provider before beginning any new regimen. For more information, please visit our disclaimer page here.