-by Monika Manohar | 08/09/2016 |
Understanding The Basics Of Each Dosha: Vata
Vata: Formed by Air and Space elements.
Part of Body: Special Seat - Large Intestine
Other parts: Waist, Hips, Ears, Bones and Skin.
Qualities: Dryness, Lightness, Coldness, Roughness, Minuteness, Movement.
Functions of Vata: All movements (movement of blood in blood vessels, movement of nutrients, movement of air in lungs, locomotion movements of hands and legs, etc.).
In normal state Vata is responsible for:
- Regulating respiration process
- Regulating all locomotor movements
- Regulating all activities of mind
- Regulating speech
- Initiating natural urges (tears, urination, sneezing , coughing, vomiting, yawning)
- Proper functioning of sense organs
Symptoms Showing Increased Vata:
- Blackish discoloration
- Desire for hot things
- Bloating, fullness or distention of abdomen
- Loss of strength
- Loss of sleep
- Loss of sensory functions
- Irrelevant speech
- Dizziness or giddiness
Symptoms Showing Decreased Vata:
- Debility of the body
- Decreased speech
- Loss of sensation and consciousness
Text - Ashtanga Hridayam
Articles published by Basmati.com are no substitute for medical advice. Please consult your health care provider before beginning any new regimen. For more information, please visit our disclaimer page here.